Sunday, January 02, 2011

Christmas Day with the VanSlootens

We always spend Christmas Day with the VanSlootens and this year we were excited to be able to spend the day with Chris' sister and her family as well. Usually we see them the next day, so it was a special treat to have the extra time with them. The boys really enjoy their cousin Michael, and I wish I had gotten a picture of them playing "hunters". Michael got a toy cross-boy and the boys took turns pretending to be the deer/his dog. It was hilarious! They also loved playing hide and seek. Michael is so patient with them, and they just think the world of him.
Finally, it's time for presents!!!
Grandpa in his "bullwinkle" hat.

Ah, the chaos.

There's also a funny story behind Christmas for me, but since I'm still getting over the embarrassment, you'll have to ask me if you want to hear it.